June 20, 2012

I found my wedding dress!

So here's my wedding dress! ( The picture is slightly distorted.) It has petal sleeves, boat neck, lacey lace, and a chiffon skirt. The extra flowers on the skirt will be taken off so the lace is left. This dress is from The Perfect Dress and it was the perfect dress!!! If you can see, the mirror image shows how short it is. I am going to have it hemmed to the bottom of the layer of lace, so it hits my legs at a more flattering length. My friend found the dress on the discount rack that I somehow missed. I was looking through all the other clearance dresses but somehow missed that one. She showed it to me and I grimaced and said fine, alright, I'll try it on. Ha. When I put it on I thought, Holy crap, finally! My friend and I went to another store and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about this dress. We went back and I bought it. I love it. I felt comfortable and normal in it. Completely myself. It fit what I imagined I wanted and it fits the picnic-y theme of the backyard reception idea I had. I also felt comfortable with my second-day hair.